The University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore is one of the oldest veterinary institutions in Asia. Since its inception in 1882, the staff of this institution has worked enthusiastically and successfully conducted a wide range of programs that have effectively catered for the educational and training needs in the field of Veterinary and Animal Sciences. By now it has emerged as one of the famous centers of teaching in Veterinary education in Asia. This institution started as Veterinary School in 1882 and was raised to the status of Punjab Veterinary College by the end of nineteenth century. Its present building were completed in 1921, college was affiliated with the Punjab University, Lahore. In 1971, the college was integrated with the University of Agriculture, Faisalabad and since then basic degree in Veterinary Medicine is being awarded. The up gradation of College of Veterinary Sciences, Lahore to the status of a university in June 2002, was an obvious testimony of commitment of the Government regarding institutional arrangement for further research, higher education, human resource development and poverty alleviation. With these up gradations five faculties, two directorates, twenty one departments, University administration and management were established. So far, over 4500 Veterinary graduates have qualified from University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences and are serving all over the world. Many graduates from this institution rose to the ranks of Major Generals in Pak Army, Ministers,Vive Chancellors, Federaal and Provincial Secretaries. Many of the graduates have entered into Civil Services, Livestock Departments, teaching and research institutions of the country and UN Agencies (FAO, UNDP, WHO), Atomic energy bringing respect and dignity to their Alms Mater.